Monday, February 13, 2006

You're Not the Only One


Friday really sucked but I was so glad that it was over that it didn't matter. I watched the opening ceremonies of the olympics, ate a bowl of Chef Boyardee ravioli, and tried to battle the feeling of imminant demise that was slowly coming over me. My genetics test was a bomb and, sure I get to drop one, but this is not how it is supposed to work! So I made a study schedule and nixed orchestra and small group and we will try this again. I have an organic test next Thursday, anyway, so small group would suffer at that point no matter what. So we went to Houston and I'm still trying to ignore the fact that I quite possibly failed my genetics test, but the mood was overwhelming. So when we ran out of gas on the way home, I was on the verge of losing it. My poor husband felt bad enough that we ran out of gas, but I had to compound that with my feelings of insufficiency, PMS, and really just wanting to get back to Austin. So the whole way to the gas station was "What purpose is this going to serve in my life....it better be good" and the whole way back was, well, it was ok. So maybe I just needed a 4 mile hike to recuperate.

Talking about the test with Ashely this morning, we both admitted to having feelings of total insecurity since we are both used to acing tests. It was nice to know that I wasn't the only one fighting those feelings. Unfortunately, it probably won't be the last time. But hopefully, I won't have to run out of gas again to get over it. Because that really did suck.

No comments:

Workin' 9 to 5

Well, after all of the hullabaloo of graduation, it was time to start looking for work.  I knew being obviously pregnant, it would be pret...