Friday, September 19, 2008

Next time I think about saying, "I feel like I got hit by a truck..."

I'll keep my mouth shut. Tonight Mom, Dad, Erik and I went to the Dairyette to get a delicious hamburger and then run across the street to the football field at Bishop Lynch to watch my cousin Sarah march in the Terrell High School band. After halftime, we ran back to the car to eat our food and in the midst of dinner, the carhop got hit by a pickup. A lady ran over her feet and pinned her between two cars. After a lot of excitement, it all turned out ok...she actually walked away when all was said and done. Thank God her mom was there who is a nurse, so she was in good hands until the ambulance came (by the way, my mom called 911 and was put on hold...yes, on hold! My dad had to run across to the football game and get a cop who radioed (?) in for an ambulance!). It all happened when someone was basically really rude and impatient and it turned into a life changing night for that lady driving who has to live with what happened for the rest of her life. Yuck. We are so busy and so self-centered a lot of the time (at least I know I'm guilty) and we make rash decisions and don't think. So slow down. Be nice to people. Take a look at the big picture and enjoy life.

3 comments:

Amy Pennington said...

wow...That is amazing.

Annie and Jeremy said...

Whoah, that's crazy! I'm glad everything turned out okay!

Chris and Jill said...

Oh my goodness!
Amen to the need to Slow Down!! In everything.

Workin' 9 to 5

Well, after all of the hullabaloo of graduation, it was time to start looking for work.  I knew being obviously pregnant, it would be pret...