Saturday, February 18, 2006

And the verdict is....again...


I finished taking my first practice DAT and the results are in...

Science - 16 (yuck!)
Biology - 17 (I can do way better than this)
Chemistry - 16 (need to fix this)
Organic - 15 (really need to fix this)

PAT - 19 (way to go! I can fix this by practicing my keyholes, cubes, and end-front views)

Reading - 21 (way to go! I probably could have aced it if I had used all my time and checked answers)

Math - 18 (considering the fact that I ran out of time, guessed on like 10 and didn't answer 6, I did pretty good - still need to fix this)

Basically, I raced through it as fast as I could, within reason, afraid that I would run out of time. When I didn't, I was so exhausted that I didn't want to go back and use all my time. Taking the test at 10:00 at night didn't help things either. So I'm fairly pleased with these results considering I didn't use my test taking skills. I'm definitely lacking in chemistry. Considering that studying for class = studying for this part of the DAT, I should be in fairly good shape. I need to memorize my formulas and I'm already working on formula sheets. If I fix math and science, I'm well on my way to an excellent score, and even the PAT and reading can improve, so it only gets better from here. I have a month! It's doable. But I have a lot to do! Spring break will be so awesome because I won't have to worry much about school (I hope) and I can completely concentrate on DAT. I will have an Organic test the Thursday of the next week, but that is plenty of time to study. I'll need to know all that stuff for the DAT anyway : )

Next practice test should come next weekend. I'll study for organic this week, work on genetics, see what I did wrong on this test, beef up on some chemistry and math equations, and try again!

Oh, and by the way, the paranoia monster strikes again...genetics wasn't that much of a bomb. I'll be fine.

No comments:

Workin' 9 to 5

Well, after all of the hullabaloo of graduation, it was time to start looking for work.  I knew being obviously pregnant, it would be pret...