Saturday, October 18, 2008

Tired


I feel like I'm doing more complaining than ever when I get on this blog. My other blogs are pretty positive and exciting things are happening. It's just that when I narrow my life down to dental school, there are very few positive things going on. I will list a few as evidence:


1) Courtney came and spoke at CMDA and I loved it! CMDA is my favorite time and I HATE it when removable interferes (which it often does...last semester the culprit was dental materials and I hated it then). Add Courtney *and Vietnamese sandwiches* to the mix and it makes for a great day : ) For me, CMDA is the best community I have here aside from family, and I think it's pretty sad to say I'm frequently absent and sometimes distant as I go through a lot of stuff in my heart and head this year. Things need to change, I think, if I'm going to enjoy the next few years.


2) Same day: Nanna and Grandaddy came up for Grandaddy's appointment with Stephen and I skipped 1/2 of path to visit with them. Great break in the day!


3) I had a good time this morning with the gals running the Race for the Cure (my first race in Dallas...just not the same: no hills, no capitol building to run to, so unfamiliar....) It's been good to develop friendships a bit more. I'm so slow to do that and I think people sometimes give up on me early, but I can definitely see improvement lately and I like that.


If you didn't notice, althought these things are school related, they have nothing to do with dentistry. Sometimes I find that disturbing, but a lot of the issues really just have to do with *the school* and not the practice itself. Several of us are going through a disillusionment phase due to the demands of BCD that some might call unreasonable, archaic, unproductive....I could go on. But the further you get into it, the brighter the light is at the end of the tunnel and the independence that comes with practicing one day is pure freedom compared to where we are right now. That was the whole point of getting into this mess, right? Right.


Well, it's October 19th and I just need to make it through the month. Then hell month is over and even though finals will be looming, we get a chance to breathe. This semester is flying (mainly because it's a day-to-day survival basis) and Christmas cannot come fast enough. I've had a hard time making myself study lately, and I'm trying to diagnose the issue. Right now, I'm just tired.

No comments:

Workin' 9 to 5

Well, after all of the hullabaloo of graduation, it was time to start looking for work.  I knew being obviously pregnant, it would be pret...