Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sometimes You Gotta Wonder...


Dental school tends to draw people who are very detail oriented and then makes obsessive compulsive freaks out of them. Hence, the general distress when we turn things in to be graded. They scare you and use words like "automatic failure" and take extremely unecessarily long sessions to grade things leaving you wtih knots in your stomach as you prepare yourself for the worst. So when things turn out ok, well, in this case MORE than ok, you're left to wonder. Did I just get lucky? Were they undeservingly merciful? Did I just get the easy grader and won't know that I really suck? OR am I really not as bad at this as I think I am because they've made me an insecure freak? For some reason, operative has done that to me. Dental anatomy, totally different. I had a great outlook - I would leave my practicals, go study/eat lunch, come back, check my grade, put it in the drawer, and move on to more important things. I did fine and never freaked out. Operative leaves me at least 2 times a semester spending an hour trying to accept the fact that I probably failed, reminding myself that I get a drop and it will be ok, and then it turns out fine. Just fine. They let you know if you need help and apparently I don't. So please explain to me why a student with a B average in operative can't get over practicals!?!? I think I need a nice hot bath tonight to get over this. I'll use my fun new bath stuff I'm getting at the Bath Junkie social tonight! : )

1 comment:

Chris and Jill said...

Baths with a good book are a great way to relax ~ hope you got to enjoy a long soak and are feeling better!

Workin' 9 to 5

Well, after all of the hullabaloo of graduation, it was time to start looking for work.  I knew being obviously pregnant, it would be pret...