Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Checking In


Lots of little things going on, but nothing huge. Here's the score:

  • Did very well on my genetics test...no score yet, but based on the answers, I'm doing great.
  • 21 on the PAT, 21 on the reading, taking math again tomorrow, hope to take another practice test before the weekend. If I get it to where all I really need to focus on is science during spring break, I think I'll be good. Anything in the 20's!
  • Talked with Dr. Jean about the probability of getting an assisting job with no experience and learned about the 3 tests assistants must take to be registered...another hoop, but definitely a possibility. I hope to talk to Mandy this weekend, and maybe even hunt down Dr. Smith at church. We'll see.
  • Went to the application meeting for the Health Professions Office at UT. I need to ask for recommendations ASAP from Drs. Iverson, Iyer, and Allen-Mierl. I need to get the stuff to Kevin and Dr. Nation as soon as the DAT is over. So much to do!
  • So I'm thinking that this is a possible plan: use the end of May/beginning of June to apply to dental school, maybe volunteer at an office, learn some ropes, go on the mission trip to Acuna and learn to assist with Dr. Smith, get a job as a dental assistant! That's just my plan. Only God knows what's going on, so I'll have to pray and see.

No comments:

Workin' 9 to 5

Well, after all of the hullabaloo of graduation, it was time to start looking for work.  I knew being obviously pregnant, it would be pret...