Monday, February 08, 2010

Christmas in February and Week 4

Last week was very uneventful.  No-showed on Monday, did my oral surgery progress exam on Tuesday, crazy patient issues on Wedensday, jaw relations on Thursday (set teeth all night long), and anterior/posterior try-in and crazy patient issues on Friday.  I finished up the denture at home over the weekend and turned it in today! 

I also made a visit to Dr. Gannaway's office due to all the crazy patient issues to ask - PLEAD - for another patient.  Since my fixed seems to be vaporizing before my eyes and I have no bridge, I'm a little panicked.  He filled me in on Friday that he earmarked a patient for me, and I got her in my box today!  Answered prayer.  She needs a bridge (!), some fillings (!), and might be type II perio (!).  That means I need to get her through consults, in and out of perio, hop on that bridge, and get those fillings done - all before April.  I hope she's good!  I'll keep plugging away as if she's not, but pray that she is : )  Early (late?) Christmas!

----------------------------------------------------------
Removable: 1.5/3 to pass (4 to get an "A") - turned in denture #2 to the lab today and started Nanna's flipper = 3

Perio: 2/4 diagnostic workups, 8/16 quads SCRP, 1/4 re-evals to graduate (I've arranged to share a pt to get my progress exams done)

Endo: 0/2 (I have one promised for February, but I need another!)

Fixed: 3/13

Operative: 27/50

DAU: 9/10 to graduate
------------------------------------------------
Progress Exam Status (apparently, this is the key to moving on):
Operative - 1/3 (last 2 are scheduled for this month)
Perio -0/2
Fixed 0/2 (one is scheduled for this month)
Oral Surgery - DONE
Endo - DONE
Removable - DONE
------------------------------------------------
D3 Finishes!
Finished with Nitrous!  (3/6 nitrous to graduate)
Finished with Oral Surgery Extractions! (40ish/100 ext to graduate)
Finished with Pre-Prosth!  (4/6 preprosth cases to graduate)
All assisting is complete!

No comments:

Workin' 9 to 5

Well, after all of the hullabaloo of graduation, it was time to start looking for work.  I knew being obviously pregnant, it would be pret...