Friday, February 19, 2010

Week 5 - Still Alive

In total this week, I did a filling, finished a perio case, delivered a denture and a flipper plus 2 more extractions. Eh, I'll take it.  I actually saw 4 patients in one day (today) and did more than survive.  It actually worked just fine.  Huh.  Next week I have an operative progress exam, I'm still working on another denture, a buildup, some consults, impressing a fixed PE, and a perio PE.  Kevin has a lead on a bridge for me and I *have* to call him on Monday.  I'm also screening another potential bridge patient on Thursday.  I got a new patient today who has 2 possible root canals, so I pray that will pan out and I can get those off my list.  I won't be able to do the other root canal my classmate gave me until after Spring Break.

In other news, I'm finding that some of my patients that I diagnosed early on in my clinic career are coming back to haunt me.  Granted, I am not solely responsible for finding all the cavities and other issues - I'm still learning.  I have licensed dentists checking everything I do and they've missed it, too.  But it sure leaves me in a lurch and makes it hard to *esplain* it to my patients.  2 now.  And they're married.  Double trouble.  They're both getting teeth pulled and not excited about it.  Neither am I.  So far I've lost 2 crowns out of it, and the wife *who was a completed case* is now back on my roll with removable - the last thing I need right now.  I'm going to try to pass her off to a classmate.  I can't afford any more removable.

-----------------------------------------------
Endo: 0/2 (I've been assigned a case and will do it after Spring Break.  I just got 2 possible RCTs assigned to me and will SOAP those soon)

Fixed: 3/13 - prepped #4, have some leads for a bridge

Operative: 28/50 (2, maybe 3 next week - I'd love to be in the 30's by the end of the month)

DAU: 9/10 to graduate (I'm going to schedule Nanna so we can get her finished)
------------------------------------------------
Progress Exam Status (apparently, this is the key to moving on):

Operative - 1/3 (last 2 are scheduled for this month)
Perio -0/2 (one scheduled)
Fixed 0/2 (one in progress)
Oral Surgery - DONE
Endo - DONE
Removable - DONE
------------------------------------------------
D3 Finishes!

Finished with Perio! (2/4 to graduate, 1 tx planned)
Finished with Removable! (3/9 to graduate, 3 in progress)
Finished with Nitrous! (3/6 nitrous to graduate)
Finished with Oral Surgery Extractions! (46/100 ext to graduate)
Finished with Pre-Prosth! (4/6 preprosth cases to graduate)
All assisting is complete!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Well we all have to learn, right?! That's why your in school. Hope you're doing well...we still sure miss seeing you in these parts. :)

Workin' 9 to 5

Well, after all of the hullabaloo of graduation, it was time to start looking for work.  I knew being obviously pregnant, it would be pret...