Wednesday, November 01, 2006

29 Days...


29 days and counting. I noticed today that I talk more about leaving Austin in my conversations which is making it a bit more of a reality. Erik took the rest of the week off to tile our...sorry "the" bathroom and finish up the last few big things. I'm sure the realtor will have more suggestions, but we have to give her some place to start. Still haven't talked to anyone up at the old office. Don't really want to. Can I send a key in the mail and feel ok about that? They can sure send my check in the mail. I still find myself rolling back into that self-pity mode when I get in bed at night. I roll around and think about what I would say if I saw any of them again...like at TMOM next week. After all this drama, it makes me nervous to volunteer. I'm going to have to "stack the bodies in the celler, lock it, leave quietly one at a time, and pretend like none of this ever happened" and give it 200% that day. I really don't know why I felt compelled to throw that quote in. I'm not that delusional, am I? : ) I'm waiting to hear back from Baylor about shadowing. Turns out that when Kevin called Dr. Miller, he asked her if Baylor had a shadowing program and she said "no" and acted like that was a crazy idea. He told her that San Antonio did, and he wanted to know why Baylor didn't since they need to be competitive for the best of the best. Aye, Kevin. So now, Dr. Miller is looking for a student for ME to shadow in light of this phone call. I don't want her to go out of her way because of Kevin, but don't get me wrong, I do want to see Baylor from that perspective. It's like Erik said, it's a good sign if she's going out of her way for me...eh?

No comments:

Workin' 9 to 5

Well, after all of the hullabaloo of graduation, it was time to start looking for work.  I knew being obviously pregnant, it would be pret...