Saturday, September 09, 2006

So it's been a while...


Here I am a week out from my Baylor and Houston interviews and I'm really not thinking about it at all. I do have my strength/weakness answer all planned out. And I think my "Why dentsitry?" answer is better. I have to remember that "How did you arrive at dentistry?" and "Why did you pick dentistry?" are two totally different questions. I also got a skirt for my suit, so that is an option, but I still haven't decided if I'm going to follow that path. Does it really matter? Probably not, but I just can't get it out of my head. I guess it's pretty silly. Work is good. I hate it when I have nothing to do. I hate it even worse when I actually get to assist and I haven't finished setting up and she's just ready to go. I just look like an idiot. And feel like one, too. I really know what I'm doing, but when things get hectic and she's drillin like a fiend, sometimes I just can't keep up. Anyway, sitting is really boring, and I know it's partly because we slowed things down a bit for the end of her pregnancy, but I hate it when I feel like I'm just taking up space and getting paid for it. I met Dr. Parrish on Thursday. She seems really nice, but definitely not the bubbly personality that Mandy is. She's a little on the tougher side. She did go to San Antonio, so I hope to talk to her about that. I need to be more assertive in seeking advice and letting her teach me rather than pretending to be a dental assistant and biding my time until 1) Mandy gets back and I only work 3 days a week and 2) I leave for dental school. It will also be really nice to see dentistry from another perspective on a regular basis.

I signed up for Mission of Mercy in November and I'm really looking forward to doing that. Since I haven't been able to make it back up to Dallas to work with Kevin and Manos de Cristo sure didn't work out, it will be really good to be able to serve others this way. They convert the Dell Diamond into a huge clinic and we treat people for 2 days. I think it will be really neat. They do the same thing in Dallas in February, so I hope to sign up for that one, too. And next summer, I'm definitely going to Acuna, if not Romania.

I really am just ready to get these interviews over wtih!!

No comments:

Workin' 9 to 5

Well, after all of the hullabaloo of graduation, it was time to start looking for work.  I knew being obviously pregnant, it would be pret...