Monday, May 17, 2010

Just to Clarify

Several good friends have expressed concern for me after my last post.  Let me explain:

I'm not really in the pit of despair.  I do this a lot. I finish doing something really exhausting and then have nothing to do but think about how crazy it was.  Then I get all emotional about God's faithfulness and provision for me and the tiredness just completes it all to make me an emotional wreck.  I also cite my first 10K where I cried at the finish line and my breakdown after finishing organic at UT.  Same deal.  Lots of hard work all over at once = breakdown.  And crying seems to be my m.o. when it comes to emotional release.

This reaction was completely uncharacteristic after D1.  I think I was still in shock.  That can be the only explanation. 

I looked back at the end of second year and found nothing.  Nothing.  I think that's because there was no break.  It just flowed right on into 3rd year without a minute to catch my breath.  No wonder this one was so pronounced.

I'm a little worried about what will happen when I walk across the stage at graduation next year.  If I see my mom before hand, it's game over.  She'll already be crying, and if anybody else is crying, I'm along for the ride.  If not, I'm sure the sobbing will start as we all sit there in anticipation.  Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll need to tuck a large box of Kleenex under my chair before the ceremony starts.  The long rectangular one, not the cube, and definitely not the purse size.

Now, don't get me wrong - I do have a huge climb ahead of me.  Maybe bigger than I know.  We'll see how that one goes.  I'll have to tell the story of getting out of the Grand Canyon here sometime.  It's pretty funny.  Oh, that pita bread!

No comments:

Workin' 9 to 5

Well, after all of the hullabaloo of graduation, it was time to start looking for work.  I knew being obviously pregnant, it would be pret...