Saturday, May 01, 2010

Pretty Much Done

My last full week of clinic was exhausting but I got a lot done.  I also had 2 cancellations, but I used my time to work on those gold crowns and get my fixed case presentations done so I can push forward as much as possible so that hopefully, they'll let me slide on by with what I have.  If not, I'll spend some time during the summer as a 3rd year in fixed, but that's ok.  It's not like I haven't tried or am not capable.  My goal was to avoid remediating operative at all costs, and that I have done.  My progress exams have graded preps and at least one of them will be seated if not both.  I'd love to seat the other gold crown, but it all comes down to time.  I have some moving around I can do, so we'll see.  I'll finish up two rotations, a filling, a crown seating or two, maybe some work on Nanna, and something like 5 finals, and I'm done.  After not much of a break, I'll come back for what will most likely be my last year of dental school.  Hasn't it taken forever to get here?

Fixed: 4/13 - #5 mostly waxed, #6 is sent to the lab, #7 poured, #8 cut and not impressed and #9 mostly cut
------------------------------------------------
Progress Exam Status:

Fixed: 2 in progress/2
DONE - Perio, Operative, Oral Surgery, Endo, Removable
------------------------------------------------
D3 Finishes!

Finished with Operative!
Finished with ENDO! (2/5 to graduate, molar complete)
Finished with Perio! (2/4 to graduate, 1 tx planned)
Finished with Removable! (4/9 to graduate, 2 in progress)
Finished with Nitrous! (3/6 nitrous to graduate)
Finished with Oral Surgery Extractions! (46/100 ext to graduate)
Finished with Pre-Prosth! (4/6 preprosth cases to graduate) (2 more planned 4/28)
Finished with DAU! (forever)
All assisting is complete!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Great picture to go with your title, Abby! You're so creative!

Workin' 9 to 5

Well, after all of the hullabaloo of graduation, it was time to start looking for work.  I knew being obviously pregnant, it would be pret...