Monday, January 26, 2009

Gloomy Day

This is the kind of day I woke up to. Rain is never a good thing for a commute into downtown. But it wasn't that bad. Plenty of time to grab a zucchini bread (mmm!) and coffee (hallelujah!) before class.


Got to class, dropped my zucchini bread on the floor with one bite taken out of it. One bite. Well, at least I still had my coffee. That's all that really matters, anyway.

Good news, though...no patients in perio today, just simulated surgery. I wasn't in the mood for a patient, today. Especially after dropping my breakfast on the ground.

Then endo (not bad), organized my extracted teeth (can't beat organization), only had 30 minutes to study for "pop" quiz in fixed. But it turns out I'm a "good guesser". Not too bad.

Ok, so middle of fixed class, Derek gets a text...scores are here. Apparently I was in a batch that didn't get sent out until last week. So as soon as perio was over...

The horrible walk to the mailbox.

That stupid envelope HAD to be the one sitting right on top.


All I did was look for the word "PASS"

Then it was off to the house after making a few phone calls and texts.

Only after stopping for a small little celebratory treat. (The real celebration will come Friday night: good food, free margaritas, and some Wii to top it off)


This whole process has really made me seek God's peace that passes understanding. Peace that no matter what the outcome of this crazy test was, it would all work out. It was not fun, my break didn't exist, my Christmas was maybe not ruined, but definitely 2nd priority, and I'm so glad it was not a waste.

No comments:

Workin' 9 to 5

Well, after all of the hullabaloo of graduation, it was time to start looking for work.  I knew being obviously pregnant, it would be pret...