Friday, October 20, 2006

It is finished.


I just finished reading over my experience as a dental assistant. Amazingly, between the beginning of September and now, things went downhill really quickly. I would even venture to say that it was the last two - three weeks that really did it. If I had to do it all over again, I think I would. I would've waited until classes were over and teaching was over. I would have been better about sitting down with her and discussing my role and asking for help. I would've been more honest about my frustrations and I would have definitely stood up for myself if it ever got to that point. I wonder how different it would really be, though. Obviously, I can never know. If I had waited and gone to Acuna and gotten to know Dr. Smith....But at this point, I have a really good learning experience under my belt in lots of different ways. I really do pray that I never get so independent that I lose track of what really matters. I hope that I never get so confident that I won't admit when I need advice. I hope that I never get so "good", that I can't admit I make mistakes. I hope that my professional relationships are just that - professional - so that friends won't sway my emotions and business decisions. I hope that I will always stand up for myself, even when it makes people angry. And right now, I hope I get a really good night's sleep. I need some rest.

No comments:

Workin' 9 to 5

Well, after all of the hullabaloo of graduation, it was time to start looking for work.  I knew being obviously pregnant, it would be pret...