Friday, June 09, 2006

I Couldn't Stand It!


I couldn't sleep, just thinking about an adcom reading my essay and noticing the mistakes, so I got up and emailed TMDSAS to correct my essay. It was more important to me that they know that I correct my mistakes than to see that I got my application ready super early with mistakes. I told God that he works through imperfect people to show His glory and if I need this imperfection on my record (the fact that I had to correct my application and make it available later) to show me that He has His hand in all of it still and I need Him still, then so be it. So the next morning I got up and already had an email from TMDSAS that they had reopened my essay. So I fixed it, had mom read it, had Erik read it, I read it again, and submitted it...again. And it's already fixed. I've suffered no delay. Sigh of relief. I also called Baylor and asked about my prerequisites being 5 years old. The lady said that they do want them within 5 years and it will be a knock, but that because I've taken upper level classes recently, it will show them that I'm still in the game and capable of doing well in sciences. And my DAT scores. Come on. And now I'm applying to Kentucky instead of Colorado. I'll have better chances there, since in Erik's words, "You've gotta have a back up." Well, ok. I have two out of state schools. So we'll see. Vishy said he sent in my letter, but as slow as things are, it's not there yet. I still need Mandy's anyway. I think she'll come through pretty quick. And I signed up for biochemistry through UT extension which the lady at Baylor seemed to think I really needed to boost my application. AADSAS hasn't gotten back to me yet, so I'm going with the advice on Student Doctor Network to list my AP credits under my freshman semester. I'm going to try to submit this weekend. And then....the wait! That isn't really that long. August 1st is 7 weeks away. Let's start a possible Interview Invite countdown. 7 WEEKS

No comments:

Workin' 9 to 5

Well, after all of the hullabaloo of graduation, it was time to start looking for work.  I knew being obviously pregnant, it would be pret...