Monday, June 19, 2006

6 Weeks


No word from anyone yet. Jeff from SDN hasn't heard either. I still need a letter from Mandy and don't really know how to approach that. I need to talk about the process more...you know, mention it, to remind her and then be more direct. I really wanted a letter by July...I told her that. Beyond that is pushing it. Work is tiring. I'm really glad that Mandy gave me a job description so at least I'm defined. Granted, there is less assisting, which kinda says something, but I really do feel more comfortable and successful. And I'm learning more about the front office which is important. I feel like we've found the sweet spot. So now I hang out here for a while. In a couple of weeks, my TMDSAS should be processed. I'm still waiting for a transcript from Blinn to go to AADSAS. Baylor got my secondary application. Hmmm....what else. Now that my "time off" is officially over, the burden of "work" has set in. It really makes me want to go back to school. : ) But in reality, in September I'll only be working 3 days a week and going to school on Tuesday and Thursday nights. That will seem more like not working. Then, before I know it, I'll be accepted to dental school. See, right now I mourn the fact that I'm not a student or a teacher on summer break, but let me tell you, come August, there will be two celebrations. One for the fact that I'll get interviews and another for the fact that I will NOT be teaching. Sigh of relief.

No comments:

Workin' 9 to 5

Well, after all of the hullabaloo of graduation, it was time to start looking for work.  I knew being obviously pregnant, it would be pret...