Sunday, April 04, 2010

It's All About the Numbers

Let's be honest.  Right now, you just can't get around it.  We're desperate and cynical and the chalkboard in our lab says it all.  I really just need 8 class II restorations that don't have to be pretty progress exams and finish my root canal and then I can handle whatever fixed I'll need to remediate; I will avoid operative remediation at all costs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blowing off any of my patients that need treatment that I don't "need" to do.  I still have a denture patient with a one week recall appointment to do that's been sick, another denture patient ready to start extractions, my Nanna who's ready for her treatment, and a new patient coming in for a prophy.  I'm just being very deliberate about scheduling the appointments that I need to make it to the finish line or as close to it as is humanly possible.

So, this week I'm back in clinic.  Lots to do:

Monday: Fixed PE, perio rotation
Tuesday: class IIs, class III
Wednesday: no clinic
Thursday: class IIs, fixed PE
Friday: class III, finish endo (please, Lord!)

"Get your progress exams done" is the mantra from the head hancho, so that's what I'm aiming at this week.  One crown is a gold survey crown that *will* be seated by the end and the other is a PFM that will most likely be seated - that one I really need to impress that day since I have OD rotation all next week and the porcelain deadline looms upon us.  I would LOVE to impress both of those this week, but I don't have assistants lined up, so who knows.

Rotations left: OD (next week), Pedo (May), OMS emergency (May)
Endo: 1/2 - finish #19 on Friday????
Fixed: 3/13 - #4 sent to the lab, cut 5 and 6 this week
Operative: 39/50 (5/13 class IIs) - 3, maybe 4 class IIs this week?, 2 more class IIIs this week
------------------------------------------------
Progress Exam Status:

Fixed 0/2 (2 this week)
DONE - Perio, Operative, Oral Surgery, Endo, Removable
------------------------------------------------
D3 Finishes!

Finished with DAU!
Finished with Perio! (2/4 to graduate, 1 tx planned)
Finished with Removable! (4/9 to graduate, 2 in progress)
Finished with Nitrous! (3/6 nitrous to graduate)
Finished with Oral Surgery Extractions! (46/100 ext to graduate)
Finished with Pre-Prosth! (4/6 preprosth cases to graduate)
All assisting is complete!

No comments:

Workin' 9 to 5

Well, after all of the hullabaloo of graduation, it was time to start looking for work.  I knew being obviously pregnant, it would be pret...