Friday, March 06, 2009

I Got a Star



(a moment to brag - it doesn't happen very often in dental school)

A la elementary school, Dr. Miller, our fixed prosthodontics prof (crowns, bridges, etc), will give stars when he signs off what he considers "excellent" work. He literally draws a star in pencil next to his initials.

It's a pretty big deal.

I've only received one other star for my fabulous margin outlining in red pencil on my waxing dies. Such talent! We switch professors for each project and have been working with him for a few weeks now. Today, we did an exercise where we repaired a central incisor with composite using teeth that more closely simulate real teeth because they have a dentin colored core and an enamel colored shell. Not really fixed prosth, but that's ok. The real challenge was to reproduce the exact shade of the tooth and shape and polish it so that no one can tell that you knocked half of your front tooth out.

Yeah, I got a star : )

1 comment:

Psalm112 said...

Good Job!!

Workin' 9 to 5

Well, after all of the hullabaloo of graduation, it was time to start looking for work.  I knew being obviously pregnant, it would be pret...