Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Just Call Me Dr. Mann


Finally, we, the first years, get to feel like dentists. Albeit small steps, we are picking up the tools of the trade for the first time to actually USE them instead of just put them in a drawer. Now, the once menial dental assistant tasks of mixing stone and making casts are the highlights of our days (ok, I admit I really enjoyed the quiet hum of the vibrator and trimmer as I escaped into the lab at the dental office). And I still do. But tomorrow, we get to use our handpieces. To prepare extracted teeth. And then fill them. Like real dentists. Ok, I know real dentists work on teeth in real people's mouths, but it really is the little things that get us through the endless weeks of first-year-dom. In a year and a half it WILL be real people. Kinda scary, huh?

No comments:

Workin' 9 to 5

Well, after all of the hullabaloo of graduation, it was time to start looking for work.  I knew being obviously pregnant, it would be pret...