Monday, January 21, 2008

A Day of Rest


Today is MLK and I needed a break! For some reason (some might attribute it to post-holiday blues) starting this semester has been more than difficult for a lot of us at school. A girl that I honestly don't talk to much just sat down next to me one day and told me she was homesick. The "can I still specialize?" woes are hitting pretty hard for those that fall in that category. I just feel pretty blah and not very excited about much of anything. And classes that shouldn't be all that stressful are hitting us harder than even gross did. We have got to calm down and take a break. There's way too much competition and not enough practical learning.


Unfortunately my body is responding to whatever this is (and shouldn't be) by apparently losing all rhythm to its natural cycles. Please, Lord calm me down, because I sure don't need this scare every month. Talk about stress.


So for now, I'm trying to take it slow. A little quilting, lunch with mom and Lisa, a little Gilmore Girls (thanks, Sarah!) and maybe, just maybe, a little studying. Later. I do have a test on Friday.

No comments:

Workin' 9 to 5

Well, after all of the hullabaloo of graduation, it was time to start looking for work.  I knew being obviously pregnant, it would be pret...