Monday, May 18, 2009

Almost Done, But Not


Three and a half days to go of second year and finals are in full swing. Last week we did full mouth extractions on my removable pt and today I will hopefully remove sutures. Impressions this summer and he should have teeth by the fall. A long time to go without teeth, I know.


This will be my first real break in a long time. Spring break doesn't count and wasn't long enough. I'm really looking forward to this time to do some re-centering. Re-focusing. Re-evaluating. Some real mission-statment making kind of stuff like I used to take my senior Bible study girls through before they went off to college. Every now and then you just have to take stock and it's been a while for me. The way some things have gone lately has made that painfully obvious and it's about time this is done. I mean spiritually, I mean physically, I mean dentally. Especially before I really kick it up a notch and throw a bunch of patients in the mix. It's only gonna get crazier...

1 comment:

Jaime said...

funny thing, at church last night the sermon was by Kelly called "Is Your Life Out of Rhythm"...and yes, mine is, along with most folks. I like your post and hear ya, sister. I need to do the same. With life in general priorities seem to get out of whack! Congrats on a great 2nd year.

Workin' 9 to 5

Well, after all of the hullabaloo of graduation, it was time to start looking for work.  I knew being obviously pregnant, it would be pret...