Monday, December 08, 2008

The New Monday


Lately, Mondays have been glorious. I only go to fixed prosthodontics at 1:00 pm. So that means I wake up around 8:30, leave the house at 9:00, go to Texas Roast (site designed by my brother - who's site needs an update...) to get the BEST coffee around and then either study or shop my morning away. It's so relaxed. There's no traffic. It's the best : )

This morning, I ransacked Target for some warmer clothing as I have none. Last year, I borrowed Angel's sweater wardrobe as she was (and is again) pregnant and unable to wear said sweaters. I figured it's time to grow up and buy my own. I found some killer bargains on the clearance racks. One of my shopping secrets that I will admit to is my willingness to purchase clothes from two otherwise inappropriate-for-me departments: little girls and maternity. It just broadens your choices on the clearance rack and the kids' clothes are usually cheaper. See, I can usually swing an XL in the girls' depending on the garment/style/fit - shirts and some dresses only. As far as the preggers clothes go, well, right now, most "normal" shirts make you look pregnant anyway, and not all preggers clothes are made to fit a big belly (excluding pants, of course). I also did a little Christmas shopping and bought shrubbery at Lowes.

I was responsible enough to go to school, do a practice prep for tomorrow and go to fixed.

What a great Monday. Last Monday I studied for boards and pharm, but it was still a great Monday. Hopefully it's a peek at what a little bit of my break will look like : )

1 comment:

Amy Pennington said...

thx for the link to the coffee site...love me some coffee! and I love the cartoon! I may kidnap it for one of my dreaded monday posts!

Workin' 9 to 5

Well, after all of the hullabaloo of graduation, it was time to start looking for work.  I knew being obviously pregnant, it would be pret...