Thursday, April 15, 2010

Oral Diagnosis: Wannagetfinisheditis

I have a gloriously long weekend as the 4th years have WREB, the licensing exam, Fri-Mon.  Yeah, get ready to get an earful about that this time next year.  Speaking of exams, I did go ahead and buy a study book for National Boards Part II.  I will not ruin another Christmas studying for that exam.  You heard it here.  I'd rather ruin summer.

On to the numbers:

Of course, none of these numbers changed after my week on oral diagnosis rotation, but my schedule has been beefed up to finish out those class IIs and get crowns in to the lab.  I've done a lot of patient trading for my own needs as well as others' and it's paid off so far.  Two of my last five class IIs are Rudy's pt that I've shared before and Ben's wife.  Those are definitely reliable.  The last 3 are, too, but a different level of reliable : )  I'll get 'em done.

Crowns, well, I'll get done what I get done.  6 cut isn't too bad, and I have 3 more on the schedule = 9.  There are 2 more I've requested appointments for = 11.  That's close to 13.

I'm running out of open chairs in the clinic for the few things I have left, so I'm trying to get everything booked NOW.  I already lost out on next Friday, so unless I stay on top of things I may be finishing out my nitrous or maybe some pre-prosth/extractions - then I can start a "D4 Finishes" list. : )
___________________________________________________

Rotations left: Pedo (May), OMS emergency (May)

Endo: 1/2 - I will finish on Tuesday
Fixed: 3/13 - #4 will be seated on Thursday (#7&8 postponed), #5 mostly cut and #6 sent to the lab
Operative: 44/50 (8/13 class IIs) - last 5 class IIs on the schedule plus a buildup
------------------------------------------------
Progress Exam Status:

Fixed: 2 in progress/2
DONE - Perio, Operative, Oral Surgery, Endo, Removable
------------------------------------------------
D3 Finishes!

Finished with DAU!
Finished with Perio! (2/4 to graduate, 1 tx planned)
Finished with Removable! (4/9 to graduate, 2 in progress)
Finished with Nitrous! (3/6 nitrous to graduate)
Finished with Oral Surgery Extractions! (46/100 ext to graduate)
Finished with Pre-Prosth! (4/6 preprosth cases to graduate) (2 more planned 4/28)
All assisting is complete!

No comments:

Workin' 9 to 5

Well, after all of the hullabaloo of graduation, it was time to start looking for work.  I knew being obviously pregnant, it would be pret...